First post!

This is the board created for discussing the Semi-Pro league that the Marinette-Menominee area guys participate in.

First post!

Postby TempGolden » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:04 pm

whats this all about?
TempGolden
New to Board

Postby candyman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:13 pm

yeah i was scrolling down and it caught my eye too. Do these guys play the Arctic Blast or is this a different type of league or what?
candyman
UP Football Guru

Postby Old Maroon 75 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:14 pm

I believe it is a different league than the Blast play in. It is a team made up of a lot of former menominee/marinette area footbal players. All I know is they had a winning season this year and made the playoffs for their league. They also run the single wing offense. They also have a lot of support from the menominee/marinette communities. I went to a game last weekend, and it had the intensity of a maroon game.
Old Maroon 75
UP Fan

Postby timberwolf » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:22 am

I was the one that suggested to Upfootball to put up a Timberjacks board.

Their website is at http://www.timberjacksfootball.com/

I thought since the Blast had their own board, the Timberjacks should too.

I've only attended one game though. They looked impressive for a first year team.
timberwolf
UP Football Guru

Postby sticky54 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:50 am

The M&M Timberjacks play NFL Rules tackle football in the Wisconsin State Football League. Our season begins in early August with the Championship game in mid-November. We would very much like to play a game against the Blast, but as our seasons are at different times of the year, setting up a game may be difficult.

The Timberjacks went 7-3 in their inaugural season and were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by the reigning champions. The first year however is considered a huge success as we fielded a competitive team, laid the foundation for a strong relationship with the area, and maintained a good reputation, with the exception of a bump here and there.

Looking forward, the Timberjacks intend to take home the championship next season, expand on the experience for fans during games, and cement our relationship with the surrounding communities. Timberjacks football is here to stay, providing entertainment and the opportunity to suit up again for the football enthusiasts of the tri-city area!
sticky54
New to Board

Return to M&M Timberjacks